Job Ref : HKTQM0409/AA-KC
Based at any one of our client’s sites in Cork or Co. Limerick
Are you a qualified Staff Nurse with experience of supporting people with an intellectual disability? Want to join a forward-thinking organisation that invests in their staff and promotes transparency? If so, our client wants to hear from you.
Founded in 1968, our client is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting children and adults with special needs, as well as their families.
Fostering a person-centred approach, they provide early intervention, pre-school, school, adult day services, respite care, elder care and home support throughout the North Cork and South West Limerick region.
They are now looking for a number of Staff Nurses to join them on a permanent, fixed-term and relief basis to provide high-quality care at one of their sites.
– Excellent salary
– National Federation of Voluntary Bodies Pension
– Employee assistance programme
– Option to join income continuance
– Generous annual leave
– Time off in lieu
– Excellent training
– All legislative leave, including Parental, Carers Leave, Jury Duty, Maternity Leave, Adoptive Leave and Paternity Leave
– Paid maternity leave, illness benefits and bike to work scheme (after probation)
– Friendly and welcoming culture
– Support important services that are transforming lives
As a Staff Nurse, you will help to provide a person-centred, socially inclusive support service to individuals with an intellectual disability.
Supporting the delivery of our client’s day or residential services, you will:
– Ensure that a high-quality care service is consistently delivered
– Supervise and guide service users and care staff
– Help to promote a positive and respectful awareness of learning disabilities within the community
– Act as a key worker for service users when required
To be considered as a Staff Nurse, you will need:
– Experience of working with people with an intellectual disability
– Previous experience of managing behaviours which challenge
– A qualification in nursing and registration with An Bord Altranais
– The ability to work on your own initiative and supervise service users and staff
– A full driving licence and evidence of employer indemnity on your insurance
An RNID qualification would be beneficial to your application.
Please note, if you completed your studies outside of Ireland, your qualification will need to be validated by the Department of Health.
Other organisations may call this role Nurse, Staff Nurse, Registered Nurse, Care Worker, Carer, Care Nurse, Care Home Nurse, Registered General Nurse or Nurse Practitioner.
This role is available in Ballylanders, Dromcollogher, Liskennett, Kilmallock, Cooleens and Charleville.
Full time hours are available, working 35 hours per week as part of the day service or 39 hours per week as part of the residential service. Relief hours are as and when required.
Webrecruit Ireland Ltd and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking an exciting, new challenge as a Staff Nurse, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.