Senior Software Engineer (12 Month Contract)
Job Ref : ACGXN1110/AA-KA
Limerick, Co. Limerick
€70,000 Plus Benefits
Our client is a leading consultancy providing management systems to help companies work in compliance with H&S, quality, energy and environmental requirements.
They are now seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their team in limerick for a 12 month contract which has the strong possibility to extend.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
– Oversee and play a hands-on role in the development of software and technical solutions
– Take technical ownership of high level software feature requests
– Work in collaboration with a co-located engineering team
– Design and implement feature across multiple components within backend infrastructure
– Produce testable, maintainable and modulable code
– Play a key role in architecture and design discussions within the team
– Operate as part of an agile software development team
– Ensure open communications are maintained regarding progress milestone, delays and risk
– Support and develop junior Software Engineers, providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
To be considered as a Senior Software Engineer, you will need:
– Significant experience in designing, developing and scaling software applications
– A background in C#, .NET, and, ideally, full stack development
– Experience with Cloud Based (Azure) SDLC including Microservices, Containers, Kubernetes and Web APIs
– Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Experience within a Linux environment would be an advantage, as would some UI or UX experience. Experience of working in Agile (Scrum) DevOps teams would also be beneficial, as would experience of automated testing at all levels (such as unit or system testing etc).
SQL server experience would be equally desirable, as would an interest in emerging software technologies for building Web UI applications.
Ideal candidates would also have an attitude geared towards greenfield type activities, and will be eager to leverage coding expertise to propel business value by delivering new features or capabilities to customers and partners.
An understanding of security concepts: encryption, secure application development, defensive programming, software vulnerabilities and exploits, general issues in web security would also be favourable (but none of these are essential).
Other organisations may call this role Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Lead Developer, Lead Programmer, Software Programmer, Senior developer, Senior Programmer, C# Engineer, .NET Software Engineer, C#.NET Engineer, or Infrastructure Engineer.
But what’s in it for you?
– Highly competitive package including €70,000 salary
– Work with some household names and industry-leading brands
– Join an internationally accredited company for QMS, EMS, H&S and Information Security
– Work on some engaging software projects
– Increase your knowledge of Agile working practices, full stack development and key languages
Webrecruit Ireland and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Senior Software Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.