Senior Menswear Buyer
Job Ref : HWDDR0110/AA-KC
Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim
Established for over 90 years, our client is a reputable fashion house of menswear brands, designed in-house and manufactured offshore, with links to retailers in the UK, ROI and Europe. The company has a strong brand portfolio and is recognised for its outstanding customer service and high levels of quality.
They are now seeking a Senior Menswear Buyer to join their team on a full time basis.
– Excellent Salary DOE
– Bonus Scheme
– Contributory Pension Scheme
If you’ve got experience of creating garment collections and sourcing and selecting fabric, trims and accessories, this is the ideal opportunity to drive your fashion career forward with a highly regarded menswear brand.
You’ll have the chance to utilise your creative flair to play a key role in the co-ordination and launch of new seasonal collections.
So, if you want to be exposed to some of the most sought-after fabrics and accessories the fashion industry has to offer and work at an international level to create incredible clothing ranges, this is the role for you.
As the Senior Menswear Buyer, you will oversee the buying function for our client’s menswear department. Working with a range of brands that fall within our client’s group, you will provide support to a Senior Director and will manage a number of Junior Designers and Buyers.
In this varied role, you will review trends for each season through extensive research and develop comprehensive seasonal range plans in order to produce both trend-driven and classic garments.
Your role will fall into two main sections: new collections, which will involve dealing with all aspects of new clothing lines including fabric samples and having input into the design process; and bulk production, which involves co-ordinating the buying activities for each season.
Your role will also involve:
– Preparing buying budgets
– Co-ordinating the souring of suitable selections of fabric, trimming and accessories
– Carrying out local and international trips to exhibitions, suppliers and customers
– Participating in the styling of each new collection of suits, jackets and trousers
– Delivery management of new collection salesmen sample programs
– Co-ordinating all preparation for a new collection launch
Interested? To considered as a Senior Menswear Buyer, you will need experience in the following:
– Developing apparel
– Preparing and planning a garment collection
– Sourcing and selecting of fabric, trims and accessories
– Designing to brand guidelines
– Quality management
You will also need:
– At least three years’ experience in a similar field
– A degree level qualification (or equivalent) in fashion or a design related subject
– A-Levels (or equivalent)
– CAD skills
– A full, valid driving licence
– A valid international passport
– To be able and willing to travel as required
– A flexible approach to time demands
Other organisations may call this role Purchasing Buyer, Menswear Buyer, Buyer, Senior Designer, Senior Buyer, Senior Purchaser, Procurement Manager, Apparel Buying Manager, Clothing Designer, Clothing Design Manager, or Clothing Range Manager.
Webrecruit Ireland and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Menswear Buyer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.