Audit Project Manager – International Charity
Job Ref : HKMCD2302/NM
Dublin (office/field based, with frequent international travel)
€Excellent DOE Plus 22 Days’ Annual Leave, Healthcare Scheme & Additional Benefits After 12 Months’ Service
If you are a qualified accountancy professional from a strong auditing background, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your career with an innovative charity.
GOAL is a global humanitarian aid charity that has helped tens of millions of people across 60 countries over the last 40 years. They are now seeking an Audit Project Manager to join their vibrant, global internal audit function.
Fostering an exciting, multi-cultural environment, GOAL offers the chance to make a positive, lasting impact on their organisation and collaborate with a passionate, hard-working team.
What’s more, you’ll have the chance to see the work of the charity first hand as you travel to field sites and support vital operations.
As an Audit Project Manager, you will travel to perform audits at GOAL’s international sites across the globe to improve their governance, risk management and management controls.
In this key role, you will plan, manage and lead internal audits in GOAL’s field offices, HQ and other offices. This role will involve significant travel and so flexibility and a valid passport will be key.
Specifically, you will:
– Coach, train and support in-country Internal Auditors and Donor Compliance Officers
– Produce clear, concise audit reports and agree actions and implementation deadlines
– Help to prepare and execute a risk-based internal audit plan
– Ensure adherence to GOAL’s risk management, internal control processes, policies, manuals and procedures
– Provide reports to the Audit and Risk Committee
– Ensure compliance with external regulations,
– Spend at least 70% of your time travelling to company sites
To be considered, you will need:
– At least three years’ auditing experience with a Big 4 or International Top 10 firm
– International experience within other NGOs or in the development and/or humanitarian sector
– Experience of creating risk-based audit plans and procedures, assessing the control environment, reviewing processes and financial internal controls
– A good understanding of International Auditing, Accounting and Internal Control standards (COSO)
– Strong IT skills, including MS Word and Excel
– A degree level qualification and an accountancy qualification, such as the ACA, ACCA, ICAI (or equivalent)
– The willingness to travel to international sites on a regular basis
Hands-on with a great eye for detail, as an Audit Project Manager, you will have excellent communication and presentation skills. You’ll also be highly organised, flexible and able to effectively manage changing priorities.
An understanding of SORP accounting principles would be beneficial, as would knowledge of donor rules and regulations. Experience of CAATTS would also be an advantage.
Please note, while this role is based in Dublin initially, it can later be based at any site in Europe or Africa, for the right candidate.
To apply for the role of Audit Project Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Audit Project Manager, Roving Internal Auditor, Auditor, Internal Auditor, Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Audit Senior, Compliance Auditor, Account Auditor, Risk Analyst, Compliance Advisor, Auditing.