Job Ref : HKRGS2102/NM
Monaghan, Co. Monaghan
Our client is a long-established business, dedicated to keeping people safe at work through their high quality health and safety products.
Meeting the most sophisticated requirements, they prioritise customer and supplier satisfaction and are committed to continuous innovation, improvement and sustainability in a fast-moving environment.
Now, they’re looking for like-minded, forward-thinking Purchasing Co-ordinators to join their team in Monaghan.
With on the job training and effective team support, you will play an integral part in the purchasing and supply chain team, allowing you to develop continuously, achieve substantial growth within your role and take on more responsibilities as you progress.
Our client is committed to supporting self-development and promoting professional development for the betterment of the individual and the business. There is significant scope for career development within the business to overlap with other departments.
If you are ambitious and wanting to advance your career with a rapidly growing international company, that is forward thinking and commercially orientated with strong business values, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
As a Purchasing Co-ordinator, you will play a key role in the purchasing and supply chain function and ensure quality service is provided.
Supporting the Purchasing Manager, you will prepare and issue high volume purchase orders, expediting the same, maximising optimum availability as part of a team that are focused on customer satisfaction.
Your activities will also include:
– Updating the status of purchase orders on the system in real-time
– Co-ordinating inbound deliveries
– Liaising with suppliers to resolve issues on supply, pricing and delivery
– Working with the Sales and Customer Service teams, including providing support for sourcing
– Executing claim backs and rebates for suppliers
– KPI reporting to ensure effective management of supplier monitoring and vendor rating
– Suggesting possible improvements and playing an integral role in implementing them
To be considered, you will need:
– At least two years’ experience in a purchasing and/or supply chain role
– FMCG or PPE or Textile experience would be an advantage but not essential
– A positive, proactive attitude and a strong work ethic with enthusiasm to deliver is essential
– Experience with an ERP system, particularly purchase ordering and stock management modules
– A good level of IT Literacy, including MS Office Suite, especially Excel and Word
– Excellent numeracy and literacy skills. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal with the capability to communicate at all levels in the supply chain, from suppliers to customers and sales executives
As a Purchasing Co-ordinator, you will need to be comfortable working to agreed deadlines and communicating at all levels. You must be positive, enthusiastic, customer focused and logical in your approach to tasks. You must have the ability to work as part of a committed team, a high level of commitment, capability to multi-task and a determination to excel is also vital to this role. You will receive autonomy to develop yourself within the business with the willingness to take on opportunities for advancement in your career within the Group.
To apply for the role of Purchasing Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Purchasing Co-ordinator, Procurement Co-ordinator, Purchasing Negotiator, Purchasing Executive, Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing and Supply Assistant, Supply Chain Co-ordinator, Junior Buyer, Buying Assistant, Supply Chain Assistant.