New Product Introduction Engineer
Job Ref : HKLHE2912/NM
Abbeyfeale, Co Limerick
Our client specialises in developing innovative electronic, electromechanical and mechatronic products for the automotive industry. They are now looking for a New Product Introduction Engineer with great project management skills to join their team.
If you’re a project management professional with high volume electronic or mechatronic manufacturing experience, this is a superb opportunity to take on a fresh, new challenge.
Passionate about technology, our client offers a culture of challenge and encouragement where you’ll have the chance to make a positive, lasting impact on the success of their new products.
As a New Product Introduction Engineer, you will be responsible for effectively managing the introduction of all new products within our client’s environment. You will also provide engineering support to the Production function after new product introduction.
Leading the NPI Team, you’ll motivate them to perform to the best of their ability and ensure that all targets are completed within set deadlines.
You’ll manage projects relating to new equipment requirements, including procurement and production line installations and reconfigurations. Additionally, you’ll work closely with the Design Teams to design new products for manufacturability.
Your other duties will involve:
– Designing, releasing and procuring product packaging solutions
– Controlling the product technical change process for pre-series and series production products
– Ensuring that jigs and fixtures are delivered on time and within budget
– Identifying, evaluating and completing specifications for new equipment in the manufacturing process
To be considered, you must have:
– At least two years’ experience of high volume electronic and/or mechatronic manufacturing, ideally gained in a manufacturing, process or NPI (New Product Introduction) engineering role
– Project management experience
– Knowledge of electronic, mechanical and mechatronic assembly processes
– An understanding of jigs and fixture design and injection moulding
– A degree (or equivalent) in production, mechanical, manufacturing, industrial or electronic engineering (Level 8 on NFQ)
– The willingness to travel abroad on occasion
Highly motivated and collaborative, as a New Product Introduction Engineer, you must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You must also have a logical approach to problem-solving and the ability to inspire others.
A formal project management qualification would be beneficial to your application, as would German language skills.
To apply for the role of New Product Introduction Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: New Product Introduction Engineer, NPI Engineer, Planning Engineer, Electronic Manufacturing Engineer, NPI Manager, Senior NPI Engineer, Manufacturing Project Manager, Industrial Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Production Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Project Manager.