Mechanical and Electronic Engineer – Field Based
Job Ref : HKOHH2108/NM
Field Based (travelling to customer sites throughout Ireland)
€Excellent DOE Plus Laptop, Tablet, Mobile Phone, Fuel Card, Holidays + Statutory Leave
SITECH, a subsidiary of Finning, is a leading provider of construction technology. They are now looking for a Mechanical and Electronic Engineer to join their team.
This is the ideal role for a hands-on individual from a plant construction, agricultural, rail plant or power generation background who has experience of dealing with plant machinery.
You’ll undertake a 12 – 18 month training programme to significantly increase your skill-set and it is envisioned you will be out in the field within 4 – 6 months of the start of your training.
What’s more, for the right candidate, there will be opportunities to progress, making this the ideal role in which to carve out a rewarding career.
As a Mechanical and Electronic Engineer, you will install SITECH’s technology, which allows customers’ machinery to operate more efficiently.
In this key role, you’ll install, maintain and support SITECH products that are being used on customers’ excavation and plant equipment.
Specifically, you will:
– Install Trimble 2D and 3D machine guidance systems and telematics hardware on non-Caterpillar branded and OEM machines
– Install Trimble Earthworks and Trimble ARO systems on Caterpillar machines
– Communicate with customers in a friendly and professional manner
– Troubleshoot issues
– Ensure that all work is completed within agreed timescales
– Provide basic training on the operation of equipment when required
– Document and report on your activities
To be considered, you’ll need:
– The demonstrable ability to troubleshoot hydraulic and electrical issues on heavy equipment
– Basic IT skills, including MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
– The willingness to travel for 60% of your role and stay away overnight when required
– A college or vocational qualification in hydraulic or mechanical engineering or equivalent
A Solas / CSCS pass would be beneficial to your application, as would experience in arc welding. Ideally, you’ll also be familiar with construction site operations using heavy equipment machine-controlled systems.
Experience of operating heavy construction equipment would also be an advantage.
To apply for the role of Mechanical and Electronic Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Mechanical and Electronic Engineer, Installation Engineer, Service Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Hydraulic Engineer, Engineer, Engineering.