International Programmes Operations Director
Job Ref : RBAAC2305/NM
Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Currently operating in 13 countries, our client is a global humanitarian aid charity that has helped tens of millions of people over the last 40 years. They are now looking for an International Programmes Operations Director to join their team.
This is the ideal role for a high calibre leader with substantial experience and a background in the development or humanitarian sector to join the senior team of a world-renowned, global charity.
If you are a professional from the not-for-profit sector and want to make a huge impact on the global operations of this outstanding charitable organisation, look no further. In this role you will lead others, act in a vital decision making position and, simply put, make a difference.
As the International Programmes Operations Director, you will join the Senior Management Team (SMT) and take responsibility for the management of operations for country programmes and the grant portfolio.
Overseeing a team of Regional Directors, you will ensure all programme operations are of the highest quality and standards and results achieve the desired targets.
In this senior leadership role, you will work closely with a number of other HQ departments, provide direction and coherence to programmes and our client’s mission and contribute to global strategic planning.
You’ll be involved in day-to-day high-level decision making, the positioning of the charity from a global perspective and new programme development and strategy.
Additionally, you will administer and co-ordinate a wide array of grants and programmes in collaboration with other senior leaders and will manage communications with donors and partners.
To be considered for this incredible opportunity, you will need:
– At least ten years’ experience in the development and/or humanitarian sector including significant experience of direct management of country programmes
– A minimum of ten years’ programme operations experience including direct “hands-on” skills in programme development, strategic planning, programme implementation and evaluation
– An MA or MS or equivalent in international development, political or social science management or other relevant field.
– At least ten years’ team management experience including staff supervision, mentoring, and development; training; team building; finance and administration; donor relations; and inter/intra-agency communications.
– Proven experience of leading and managing transformation in a complex and rapidly changing environment
– Demonstrable proficiency and experience with US, EC, UK, UN and other public and private donors, government grants and financial management requirements
– The ability to analyse complex organisational issues and propose innovative solutions
– Exceptional programme and project conceptualisation and design skills
– The willingness to travel overseas, occasionally at short notice
Entrepreneurial and inspirational, as the International Programmes Operations Director, you’ll be a strong leader with exceptional communication and influencing skills and the ability to prioritise and deliver on a diverse range of sometimes conflicting priorities. Highly developed organisational awareness and the ability to think creatively and strategically to overcome challenges will be key, as will superb organisational, leadership and administrative skills including a focus on detail and quality assurance.
Fluency in a second language, preferably French, Spanish or Arabic, in additional to English, would be beneficial to your application.
To apply for the role of International Programmes Operations Director, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: International Programmes Operations Director, Global Programme Director, Charitable Operations Director, Senior Manager of Global Operations, Global Operations Director, Head of Mission, Chef De Mission.