Product Category Manager / Buyer
Job Ref : HKNXT2606/NM
Dublin 22, Co. Dublin
Are you an ambitious retail professional seeking your next challenge? Want to take on an engaging role with a market-leading business? If so, read on.
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Grafton Merchanting ROI is a significant player in the builder’s merchanting industry and a leader in Ireland and the UK. They are now looking for a Product Category Manager / Buyer to join their team.
Fostering an exciting and vibrant environment, Grafton Merchanting ROI offers the chance to support the success of an important function in the business.
What’s more, as the company expands, there will be more opportunities to progress, making this the ideal role in which to carve out a rewarding career.
As the Product Category Manager / Buyer, you will drive the profitability of the hardware product category.
In this key role, you will source products, identify trends in the market, ensure products are competitively priced and fully optimise the layout of Grafton’s stores.
Specifically, you will:
– Manage purchasing budgets and develop and implement category strategies
– Lead and facilitate cross-functional projects
– Establish a supplier relationship management program
– Optimise internal processes and workflows relating to supplier onboarding and delivery
– Ensure that all supplier contracts and master data is up-to-date
To be considered, you will need:
– At least three years’ experience in a retail environment, ideally within an FMCG company
– Proven experience of dealing with product selection, ordering and retail space planning
Customer-focused and commercially astute, as the Product Category Manager / Buyer, you will have superb communication skills, a team player mentality and the ability to work on your own initiative.
A third level qualification in business or a related discipline would be beneficial. Previous building supplies or hardware experience would also be an advantage.
To apply for the role of Product Category Manager / Buyer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Product Category Manager, Buyer, Category Manager, Hardware Category Manager, Construction Category Manager, Purchasing Manager, Construction, Retail.