Compliance & Risk Officer – International Charity
Job Ref : ACBYI3005/NM
Dun Laoghaire, Dublin (office/field based, covering 11 international sites)
Currently operating in 13 countries, GOAL is a global humanitarian aid charity that has helped tens of millions of people over the last 40 years.
For decades, GOAL has transformed lives across the globe by delivering emergency, health and Child Empowerment and Protection (CEP) services to those who need it most. They have also helped people to develop skills to provide for themselves and their families through employment, business start-ups and agricultural development programmes.
Compliance plays a huge role in ensuring that GOAL operates effectively and continues to receive the funding and support they need to continue this important work for years to come.
As such, GOAL is now looking for a Compliance & Risk Officer to join their team at their head office in Dublin.
– Excellent salary
– Make a long-term cultural impact on a successful charity
– Inclusive and collaborative work environment
– Travel to sites across the world
– Progress your career in the not-for-profit sector
– Annual leave and potential to join the healthcare scheme
In this important role, you will have the chance to shape and develop GOAL’s Risk Management function and ensure they continue to operate to the highest standards.
Your work will facilitate GOAL’s aim of ensuring that the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life.
So, if you are looking for the opportunity to make a genuine, lasting impact and develop key processes for a leading charity, this is the role for you.
As the Compliance & Risk Officer, you’ll ensure that GOAL complies with its donor rules and regulations, as well as its own internal policies.
Reporting to the Head of Ethics and Compliance, you’ll strengthen GOAL’s Risk Management function and ensure the charity has an integrated approach to risk management and compliance.
Your duties will include:
– Overseeing the HQ Donor Compliance function with support from the Donor Compliance Officers
– Acting as an expert advisor on donor’s requirements and how they audit GOAL’s work
– Developing a training strategy to increase employees’ compliance knowledge
– Ensuring that staff have a strong understanding of the risk management process
– Assisting with the implementation of compliance systems for new country programmes
– Ensuring resources are effectively allocated to enable compliance at GOAL’s field sites
To be considered as a Compliance & Risk Officer, you will need:
– At least five years’ experience of dealing with compliance and regulatory requirements in complex organisations
– Experience with institutional donors
– The leadership, motivational and management skills to sustain cultural change
– The ability to research donor regulations using various methods/resources
– Excellent MS Excel and Word skills
Other companies may call this role Compliance & Risk Officer, Compliance Advisor, Risk Advisor, Charitable Compliance Advisor, International Risk Advisor, Risk & Compliance Officer or International Regulatory Advisor.
GOAL has Standards of Integrity and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
So, if you’re looking for the chance to make a real difference as a Compliance & Risk Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.