Job Ref : HKMFO0503/NM
Field Based (covering Dublin)
If you have a track record of troubleshooting and repairing construction, earthmoving and power systems equipment, this is a great opportunity to develop an engaging career with a renowned supplier.
Our client is one of the world’s largest Caterpillar suppliers of construction, earth moving and power systems equipment. They are now looking for a Field Engineer to join their team.
Joining a friendly team, you will be able to reach your full potential with a world-renowned organisation that promotes a culture of personal development and engagement.
As a Field Engineer, you will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing equipment faults at customer sites.
Responding to field repair and service requests, you’ll analyse issues and explain the nature of faults to both customers and our client. You will help to create quotes for repairs in a cost and time-effective manner.
Your other duties will involve:
– Undertaking site risk assessments before commencing service work
– Identifying the parts required to carry out repairs
– Carrying out repairs in-line with agreed work plans
– Inspecting and testing machines to ensure they are fully operational
To be considered, you’ll need:
– To have completed an apprenticeship or have a minimum of five years’ experience in a quality service environment within the construction plant or machinery industry
– Experience of troubleshooting and repairing a variety of construction, earthmoving and power systems equipment
– Knowledge in the use of field based diagnosis tools and equipment
– A full, clean driving licence
It would be desirable that candidates have specific experience in Caterpillar machinery or practical experience in similar industries with companies such as Volvo, Komatsu and Perkins, to give a couple of examples.
As a Field Engineer, you must be driven and motivated with a strong customer focus, plenty of initiative and a superb team player mentality. Articulate and analytical, you must also have superb planning and organisational skills.
To apply for the role of Field Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Field Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Equipment Solutions, Field Maintenance Engineer, Senior Field Service Technician, Senior Maintenance Technician, Field Engineer, Service & Repair Engineer, Workshop Engineer, Engineer, Engineering.