Expeditor / Purchasing Assistant
Job Ref : HKOKP2307/NM
Cork, Co. Cork
As an international industrial valve company, our client’s expertise is in the design and manufacture of process critical valves. They are now looking for an Expeditor / Purchasing Assistant to join their team.
If you have a background in buying or purchasing, this is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career with a forward-thinking business.
As an Expeditor / Purchasing Assistant, you will support the smooth running of the Purchasing Department.
In this varied role, you will:
– Expedite purchase orders to ensure that manufacturing targets are achieved
– Create enquiries for consumables, engineering materials and subcontracted work
– Evaluable supplier quotations, compare offers and place purchase orders
– Review and verify order confirmations and invoices
– Accurately enter supplier information into the database
To be considered, you will need:
– At least one year’s experience in a buying or purchasing role
– Accurate data entry skills
– Strong IT skills, including MS Excel
Flexible and organised, as an Expeditor / Purchasing Assistant, you’ll have great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with suppliers. You’ll also be an excellent communicator and negotiator with great time-management abilities.
Previous expediting experience would be beneficial to your application, as would knowledge of materials. The ability to understand engineering drawings would also be an advantage.
To apply for the role of Expeditor / Purchasing Assistant, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Expeditor, Purchasing Assistant, Buying Assistant, Buyer, Purchasing Co-ordinator, Supply Chain Assistant, Supply Chain Co-ordinator, Procurement Assistant, Procurement Co-ordinator, Purchasing.