Chartered Building Surveyor
Job Ref : HWEEC0508/AA-KC
Dublin (with nationwide travel)
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Grafton Merchanting ROI is a significant player in the builder’s merchanting industry and a leader in Ireland.
Within Ireland, they also operate a strong DIY retailing organisation with stores nationwide and a kitchen business operating under a number of brands, including Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley and The Panelling Centre.
They are now seeking a Chartered Building Surveyor to join their team on a full time basis in Dublin.
– Competitive salary
– Great benefits package
– Career progression opportunities
If you’re an experienced chartered surveyor, this is an excellent opportunity to take on a fresh challenge within Ireland’s No. 1 builder’s merchants and DIY retailer.
Grafton Merchanting ROI have developed strong regional and national market positions in builders merchanting, DIY retailing and mortar manufacturing, and in this vital role you’ll have the chance to contribute to their future success and grow as the company does.
So, if you share Grafton’s passion of delivering consistently high standards and are looking to increase you skill-set and expertise, they want to hear from you.
As a Chartered Building Surveyor, you will be responsible for supporting the business by providing in-house professional building surveying services.
Reporting to the Head of Group Building Services, this will include project management, branch development, business implants and repair and maintenance services.
Your role will also involve:
– Liaising with the Operations Team to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
– Preparing action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets
– Creating and maintaining project documentation
– Assigning tasks to internal teams and assisting with schedule management
– Co-ordinating and supervising sub-contractors
– Ensuring compliance with current building control and health and safety regulations
To be considered as a Chartered Building Surveyor, you will need:
– To be a member of the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland
(SCSI), or the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) with relevant experience
– Good knowledge and experience of the construction process
– Strong Microsoft office skills and knowledge of AutoCAD
– Great organisational and administrative abilities
– The ability to plan, manage and monitor site works on a number of projects
– To be able to work on your own initiative
Other organisations may call this role Chartered Surveyor, Project Surveyor, Surveyor, Maintenance Surveyor, Construction Surveyor, Building Conservation Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Contract Manager, Development Surveyor or Building Surveyor.
Webrecruit Ireland and Grafton Merchanting ROI are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to take on a new challenge as a Chartered Building Surveyor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland are those of an Employment Agency.