Buyer – Construction
Job Ref : ACSAR2308/NM
Killybrone, Co Monaghan
In Excess of €30,000 DOE
Are you an enthusiastic buying or purchasing professional from a construction background looking for your next opportunity? Could you thrive with an innovative, growing business? If so, read on.
Specialising in partition systems, ceilings and bespoke solutions, our client is a market-leader in the interior fit out and external façades sectors with a turnover of over £60 million. Due to ongoing growth, they are now looking for a Buyer to join their team.
With over 20 years’ experience under their belts, our client’s working environment is the right place to further develop your career and pursue your ambitions in purchasing. You will have the chance to consolidate your skill-set and develop in additional areas to ensure you fulfil your potential.
If this sounds like the kind of place where you could thrive, apply today and see where your skills could take you.
As a Buyer, you will join our client’s small but focused buying Team, reporting to the Buying/Logistics Manager and play a vital role in the purchasing process.
Specifically, you will place orders on behalf of Site Managers who have sent them through to you on our client’s Plexxis software. You will create orders for suppliers where no other department can and source new suppliers to fill gaps in requirements.
Your role will also involve:
– Forging relationships with the supply base and chasing suppliers regarding delivery information
– Maintaining records and work schedules and working with Project and Site Managers regarding progress and priorities
– Communicating with suppliers regarding pricing, quantities and back-orders
– Preparing and maintaining cost reports to maximise efficiency
– Preparing credit application forms and matching invoices with purchase orders
So, is this the role for you? If so, you will need:
– At least two years’ experience working in buying gained within the construction industry
– A good level of IT literacy, especially with Microsoft office, particularly Excel
Self-motivated and organised, as a Buyer, you will be comfortable working as part of a team, possess excellent communication skills and be confident in negotiating. A close attention to detail and the ability to work well within a fast-paced environment is also key.
To apply for the role of Buyer (Construction), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Buyer, Buying Assistant, Construction, Purchasing Executive, Procurement Co-ordinator, Construction Buyer, Construction Purchasing Executive, Building Procurement Executive.