1st Line Helpdesk Support Engineer
Job Ref : HKUKG2510/AA-KC
Eastpoint Business Park, Dublin 3
€Competitive DOE Plus Benefits (see below)
Our client provides professional IT support for businesses ranging from SMEs to large companies. They have a reputation for meeting the highest standards of reliability based on expertise, customer commitment and a thorough understanding of their customer’s needs. They are now looking for a 1st Line Helpdesk Support Engineer to join them and help drive their company forwards.
As a 1st Line Helpdesk Support Engineer, you will:
– Handle helpdesk support queries using remote management software
– Resolve issues, both remotely and on-site
– Support customers’ cloud environments and perform server, PC, and laptop setups and repairs
– Install, configure and maintain customers’ software and communications equipment
– Deliver training to customers
– Manage and communicate with third party vendors
To be considered as a 1st Line Helpdesk Support Engineer, you will need:
– A minimum of one year’s experience in a helpdesk support or field engineering role, dealing with in-house and on-site installations, configurations and the maintenance of customer hardware
– Experience of using remote management tools
– Basic knowledge of MS Exchange and Office365
– PC/laptop repair, setup and configuration experience
– Mac repair, setup and configuration experience
– Server repair, setup and configuration experience
– Server administration experience, including 2003, 2008, 2012, SBS 2003 and 2011
– Knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches and remote access servers
A degree (or equivalent) in computer science or a similar technical subject would be beneficial.
Other companies may call this role Field Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, IT Helpdesk Engineer, Helpdesk Support Analyst, Service Desk Analyst, Service Desk Engineer, or Technical Support Analyst.
What are the benefits?
– Training and excellent career progression prospects
– Support to gain certifications
– Develop your career with a cutting-edge business
– 20 days’ annual leave
– Pension options available
Webrecruit Ireland and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of 1st Line Helpdesk Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.